The "personal information" in Privacy Information refers to "personal information" as defined in the Personal Information Protection Law, which is information about a living individual that can be used to identify the specific individual by name, date of birth, address, telephone number, or other description contained in the information.
The term "historical and characteristic information" in Privacy Information refers to information other than "personal information" as defined above, including nut is not limited to the history of the service, ordered products, viewed pages and advertisements, search keywords, date and time of use, usage method, usage environment, zip code, gender, occupation, age, IP address, cookie information, location information, and terminal information.
Collection of Privacy Information
The Company collects "personal information," such as name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, that you provide when you use the Service.
In addition, when you use the Service or the services of the Company's business partners, or view pages, the Company collects information such as the usage status and history of the Service, products ordered, history of pages viewed and advertisements, search keywords, date and time of use, usage method, usage environment (communication status of the relevant terminal in the case of use through a mobile terminal, various settings for use, etc.), and other information. We also collect "history and characteristic information" such as zip code, gender, age, IP address, cookie information, location information, and individual identification information of the device.
Purpose of Collecting Personal Information
The purposes for which we collect and use your "personal information" are as follows:
- To inform and send periodicals, etc.;
- Confirmation of applications for and delivery of e-mail distribution services;
- Confirmation of billing and payment for purchased products;
- Sending of requests for materials, etc.;
- To request participation in surveys and events, and to report the results thereof;
- To provide you with information that may be of interest to you.
A cookie is a technology that links a web server to the computer being viewed by the browser software. We use the information in cookies to improve our services and to operate our site more efficiently. Please be assured that cookies do not contain any information that can identify you, nor do they allow us to access your computer or personal information. It is also possible to set the browser you use to refuse to accept cookies.
We use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encrypted communication method. SSL encrypts the communication between the customer's computer and the Company's server when the customer's personal information is transmitted, thereby preventing information leaks, tampering, and ensuring safe data communication. Most major browser software supports SSL, so there is usually no need for customers to be aware of SSL.
Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
Except in the following cases, the Company will not provide personal information to a third party without obtaining the prior consent of the customer. The Company will not provide personal information to third parties without prior consent of the customer, except in the following cases:
- When required by law
- When it is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of a person and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer.
- When it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the sound growth of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer.
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, a local government, or a person or organization entrusted by either of the foregoing in executing affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and obtaining the customer's consent may impede the execution of such affairs.
When the following matters are notified or announced in advance
- Provision to the third party falls within the purpose of use
- The personal information to be provided to the third party
- The method or means by which the information shall be provided to the third party
Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the following cases do not fall under the category of third parties.
- When the Company entrusts all or part of the handling of personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use.
- When personal information is provided as a result of the succession of the business of the Company due to a merger or other reasons.
- In the event that personal information is to be used jointly with a specific party, we will notify the customer in advance or make it readily available to the customer of that fact, the items of personal information to be used jointly, the scope of the party using the personal information jointly, the purpose of use of the party using the personal information jointly, and the name or title of the party responsible for the management of the personal information.
- Except in the following cases, the Company will not provide personal information to a third party without obtaining the prior consent of the customer. The Company will not provide personal information to third parties without prior consent of the customer, except in the following cases:
Suspension of Use of Personal Information, etc.
If we are requested by a customer to stop using or erase (hereinafter referred to as "stop using, etc.") personal information because it is being handled beyond the scope of the purpose of use, or because it was obtained by wrongful means, we will conduct the necessary investigation without delay. Based on the results, we will stop using the personal information and notify the customer to that effect. However, in cases where it is difficult to take such measures as stopping the use of personal information due to the large cost involved, we will take alternative measures necessary to protect the rights and interests of the customer, if possible.
The contents of this policy may be changed without notice to customers.